Sunday, November 14, 2010

We Thank Thee O God For A Prophet

Last night I debated driving down to see my Dad in Tucson and skipping Stake Conference. Josh had been out of town, and I felt like I should stay and decided it must be to spend what little time I could with him. I was oblivious that Stake Conference was to be a broadcast from SLC to all 90 stakes in AZ, but as I sat in church with excitement of the pleasant surprise that I got to hear the Prophet speak, I realized just why I felt like I wasn't suppose to go to Tucson. I was suppose to be in that meeting, and feel the spirit that I did.

I was fasting for a couple that had been involved in a roll over accident and also for a few family members. I attribute fasting to me being more sensitive to the spirit at church today. As we all stood to sing "We Thank Thee O God For A Prophet" I had the same tingles of confirmation that I had felt the first time I sustained Thomas S. Monson as the President and Prophet of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.

It's unlikely I would have ever doubted that he was a Prophet, but I treasure that confirmation. My testimony may be weak in lot's of area's, but this is not one of them. I am very thankful for a modern day Prophet, and I KNOW that President Thomas S. Monson was called of God to be our Prophet today. I love the fireworks that go off inside of me as he speaks and guides us.

He told a story of a new Prison Administrator who went into a prison and made drastic changes that were more humane to those incarcerated. Someone came up and said something to that man along the lines of, "Don't you know a leopard doesn't change their spots?" That man replied, "Don't you know I'm not working with leopards, I'm working with men, and they change everyday?" I too have been guilty of judging people like leopard's who's spots don't change. I hope that after today, I'm less guilty of making that mistake. I appreciated those words as they pointed out ways in which I have been judgemental, and appreciated them just as much for the hope they give me for those, especially my loved ones I had been judging.

2 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed this post!:) You're testimony is amazing and I look up to you in so many ways because of it. Thank you for being "You".

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow. Thank you for sharing Poiette. You are an example to me. :) Lots of love!

    ReplyDelete