Thursday, May 26, 2011

Happy Birthday Old Man

It's kind of weird to think that Josh said goodbye to his 20's and hello to his 30's.  I'm not that far behind, it's weird how old we are getting.  We had a birthday bash at the park with family and friends the Saturday before his bday.   We couldn't have asked for better weather that evening as we played sand volleyball and ate goodies.  It was perfect.  I think the sand volleyball might become an annual thing because it was so much fun. 

On his birthday I told him I wanted to take him out to dinner and to wear nice clothes.  He was less than thrilled about dressing up.  So he didn't know where we were going until we arrived.  Ruth's Chris!  I went there about 10 years ago but I think I was just too immature to really appreciate it.

 I had made reservations online and noted that we were celebrating a bday and anniversary.  So we were immediately seated at a table decorated with Happy Birthday confetti and rose petals.  Every host and server continued to congratulate us throughout the night.  Our server tried to save us money and had the best of recommendations.  That steak was the absolute best thing ever!  All the food was yummy and then we had complimentary desserts brought to us that had Happy Birthday and Happy Anniversary written in chocolate.  The Host came and took a picture of us and then emailed it to us the next morning The food was soooo good I wanted to eat more, but I physically couldn't.  The service was amazing and it was so nice to be that spoiled for a night.  A week later we got a handwritten postcard from our server.  Like I said, amazing service!  Yes it was expensive, but I'm so glad we splurged!

So Josh is 30.  I'm ok with that, not that I have a choice.  But the older he gets, the more I love him.  He's my favorite old guy these days!

No comments:

Post a Comment